Monday, March 25, 2013

Gas Up The Easy Rider

  





I must admit I felt a bit silly when I realized that there was, in fact, a female rocker doing almost exactly what I have always wanted to do musically...and has been for years...I just didn't know about her yet! Grace Potter fronts the band Grace Potter & The Nocturnals and they are one of the most inspiring bands I have heard in years.  While there are many female rockers out there, I have been personally dying for a female rocker reminiscent of the classic rock days of Heart and The Pretenders.  Potter walks this line between country, blues and rock that is captivating and appealing to a wide audience. The raw quality of her bluesy vocals backed with intense and driving rock beats creates something that has been sorely missed in music for the last few decades, at least from a woman's perspective.  And let's face it, any chick that rocks a Flying V is cool in my book. My favorite track is the title track from her new album titled "The Lion The Beast The Beat."  Below is the video from her album release party which runs through her entire set, but you can hear "The Lion The Beast The Beat" right off the bat.  Another one of my favorite tracks, "Timekeeper," can be viewed on the video to the right. 

Not only is the album art cool, but she is too. So do yourself a favor and get this album:


DO. IT.

XOXO, 
Kristin




No comments:

Post a Comment