Tuesday, March 6, 2012

They're Your CH-CH-CH-CH-CH-CH CHERRI BOMB!

All I can say, is damn.  These pint-sized rockers sure pack a punch.  I was researching the list of bands slated to play at this year's SXSW 2012 looking for any names that might catch my eye.  As a huge fan of The Runaways (hit song "Cherry Bomb"), the band name, Cherri Bomb, stood out...and I figured (secretly hoped) it was going to be an all-girl force of nature. I am pleased to see this four-pack of badass 12-14 year olds does JUST that.  They would be great if they were in their 20s, but the fact that they are in their teens makes it even more incredible.  I can not WAIT to see what these girls have to bring as they develop into young adults.  As a side note, I was a little disappointed to find out that the name was not actually inspired by The Runaway's song...alas! 

If you think these girls are as awesome as I do, check them out at SXSW 2012!  They are performing several showcases, this one comes for FREE as long as you RSVP! Austin Rox

Below is the official music video for my personal favorite of their songs, "Let It Go."


Just for fun here is a video of The Runaways performing "Cherry Bomb" live in Japan 1977.


In case you saw the 2010 film made about The Runaways with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart, here is their adaptation of the same performance: 


As another aside, local Austin nonprofit Girls Rock Camp Austin provides incredible summer camp opportunities for young girls ages 10-18 to form rock bands, write songs, and perform them at a showcase at the end of camp.  Check it out!

XOXO,
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I have given you an award! :)
    http://ashleypearlsandcurls.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-and-butterfly-award.html

    ReplyDelete