Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stronger

Kelly Clarkson's fifth studio album, "Stronger," was just released and given her stellar performance at the Super Bowl, I had to check it out.  I've always been a Kelly fan, not necessarily because I have loved every song she has released, but more because she is an incredible talent and I respect her attempt to create music that reflects her as a person and that she believes in.

The first video is Kelly singing a cover of "Up To The Mountain" at an Idol Gives Back show.  Jeff Beck plays guitar so you know this has to be good! This is when Kelly cemented her place in my mind as a great talent!


The next video is her new single of her album "Stronger." The song is called "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)." Yes, it's poppy, and yes, the video is silly, but it is such a fun and uplifting song and I have found myself listening to it all week long!  Also...I just have to say I think this would make a great flash mob...anyone else agree?



This last video is a live performance of "Dark Side," my favorite song from the album so far. This performance also highlights Kelly's ability to perform extremely well live!


I hope this post will at least make you take another look at Miss Clarkson and maybe give her some good PR out there in this big, bad music world...at the end of the day...girl's got pipes :)

XOXO,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment