Friday, December 9, 2011

Sahara Smith is most DEFINITELY "The Real Thing!"

Today's post comes from one of my favorite local Austin musicians, Sahara Smith.  This up-and-coming singer-songwriter has an ethereal, enchanting voice that is sure to draw you in right away.  If you like Alison Krauss' voice you are guaranteed to like this lovely lady!

Very rarely do opening acts intrigue me, but when I attended a Los Lonely Boys concert a little over a year ago, and this girl came out on stage, I was blown away.  I think the thing that drew me in the most was that her drummer had percussive instruments attached all over his body so that when he moved his arms and legs percussion was created...and that was just in addition to the drum he was playing.  So cool!  Check out three of my favorite songs below!

"The Real Thing"


"Thousand Secrets"


"Are You Lonely"


I hope you enjoyed getting acquainted with yet another leading lady!

XOXO,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment