Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Get Hot!

If you haven't watched the music video for "Gimme Sympathy" by Metric, then you MUST....now...RIGHT now.  It's safe to say that a few years ago this song/music video changed my life...now before you go thinking I'm being melodramatic, let me just explain.  

This video came into my life at a time when I was starting to realize that I have this inner badass DYING to get out on the stage.  In everyday life, I'm goofy and I like to think adorable (hehe), but sexy and badass are not probably words that would come up if people were asked about me.  In terms of being in crowds, I HATE when people are all looking at me...HATE. IT.  I (still, unfortunately) run and hide when group games are being played.  By now you are probably thinking, "and THIS girl wants to be the front woman of a rock band?"  I know. 

What caught my attention about this video was the way in which, front woman, Emily Haines, carries herself.  From the very beginning, when she is donning her final glove, to the moment where she grabs the mic to begin singing, to her adorable leg dance (just watch and you'll understand) she commands the attention of the viewer.  It was this video that helped me to realize that being "badass" doesn't just mean one thing.  It's not so much about being ostentatious or outrageous, but more about a sense of power and confidence.  Now this, is something I can do! :)

The music itself is light, fun, and somewhat poppy, but her attitude definitely earns her video a spot on this blog.  And I mean, really...have you SEEN those heels?!


XOXO,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment