Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sara B, There Is Just NO Way I'm Gonna Get Over You!

For those who know me, it's no secret that Sara Bareilles is one of my favorite female artists.  I was smitten when I heard her "Little Voice," fell in love with her "Kaleidoscope Heart," and knew there was going back with the release of her newest video for her hit single, "Gonna Get Over You."

One of Sara Bareilles' most charming qualities is her quirky personality.  She doesn't take herself too seriously, as is obvious in this video, and makes no attempts to be someone she is not.  With the release of this video, Sara joked that Beyonce better not steal her moves.  She always shows respect for what other artists can do, but clearly knows what she does best.  To me, this video completely speaks for itself!  She could've hired a fancy hip hop choreographer, put on a sexy dress, and danced around suggestively, but rather decided to be herself and dance around using her own silly moves.  I have to say, her happiness is infectious.  I have found myself struggling to keep from dancing through the streets on campus when this song comes into my headphones even knowing full well that if I push someone down, they will likely not jump up and begin dancing with me (video reference). But wouldn't that be grand? How wonderful to have a piece of art that brings so much pure joy into our lives!  

Check out the video below!  I am willing to bet you won't be able to contain your own dance moves when you see this! :)

P.S.  Be sure to watch until the end...it's definitely worth the wait for a good laugh.


XOXO, 
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment