Wednesday, November 2, 2011

She Makes Us Wanna Say "I Do"

When asked if we love Colbie, we can't help but say "I do!!"  On October 21, 2011, I attended Colbie Caillat's concert at Stubbs.  She played on the outdoor stage and performed for about an hour and half.  Needless to say, she was wonderful!  I have never been a huge Colbie fan in the sense that I don't listen to her all of the time, but I really respect her as a woman and an artist...and as a female artist.  

The road to stardom is tough, but most especially so for young women.  There is great pressure to be "sexy."  When you really stop and think about it, what on earth does being sexy have to do with making great music?  Well, nothing, but like it or not, an artist's appearance will continue to be a factor as long as we can see them. ..so basically forever.

This is not to say that there is anything wrong with being "sexy," but it is nice, at least every now and then, to see some beautiful women downplaying their booties and up-playing their melodies instead.  For this reason alone, I loved Colbie's outfit at the concert.  Pictured below, she wore a loose and flowy white tank top and an adorable beaded mini in what appeared to be pale pink.  She rocked a ponytail and danced around stage with ease.  

The nice thing about this outfit was not only that it fit her style, but also that it showed that there are other ways to be beautiful than by just wearing tight clothing.  To me, I think that is a huge message for young women to see.  Colbie was gorgeous, but in an understated way.  It was easier for the average audience member to see more of her whole package - her songs, he beauty, her laid back personality - when we weren't being distracted by racy clothing.

Just as another quick point, Colbie's songs are incredibly uplifting.  Thanks Colbie for brightening my day! Check out the video below if you want her to brighten yours! ;)


XOXO,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment